Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Routine....

Last night, while my home was all quiet, I got to my usual evening cleaning routine - clear off the bench, wash up the dishes, pick up whatever the kids have left laying around, tidy the sitting room, put on some washing (hang some out too), sweep the floors, etc.......

Although most days my cleaning is some what rushed, every now and then I get in a little rhythm, put some nice music on, and really clean things up... I must confess, I'm really not that good at the whole 'cleaning' thing - oh how I wish I was though!!! I'm more inclined to be out in the garden or helping in the sheep yards, much more my style... But, I do love me a clean home - don't you???  
fruit 
above : : my kitchen table at the end of the night

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

We've had visitors here on the farm over the past 4 days. Just down the road from where they live in Victoria is a gorgeous little Orchard and we're lucky enough to be gifted boxes of fresh fruit each time they visit... The 5 kg's of apples are almost gone but I still have a box full of pears.
pears 
Got any good ideas for Pear recipes or preserves???  

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I love my mornings, after breaky the kids and I head outside to the vegetable patch. We water and weed and fertilize and plant and generally just hang out until it's time for school to start (about 9am)... This morning we were super excited to finally see some fruit on our Zuchinni and Cucumber plants....
zuc cuc
Won't be long now and we'll be adding 'harvesting' to our morning routine too...

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

So........

Do you have a morning or evening routine? 
Do you like to wake up to a tidy home or do you work better in the mornings? 
Do you like spending your time inside or out and about??? 

9 comments:

  1. I work better in the evenings when everything is quiet. I clean, crochet, sew, quilt while it is nice and quiet in the house, without the possibility of being interrupted from what I am doing. I also love getting up to a clean house in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Wendy... :)

      Thanks for popping by...

      Delete
  2. Hi Jodie, lovely post! Before having children I would dedicate a whole day to cleaning every week or so. Now, I tend to just do little bits of cleaning whenever I can. I love a clean house but find it increasingly difficult to achieve!

    Your pears and apples look delicious...so do your zucchini and cucumbers. I love to get out in the garden before school too, while everything is cool and quiet. Happy harvesting!

    Have you tried poached pears before? They are delicious either for breakfast or dessert, and I have an easy recipe/technique. Let me know if you would like it and I will email it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! Before I was married I was the same with my partner - 1 whole day dedicated to cleaning and washing a week, my how the times have changed now we're married and have kids... LOL!! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who is like this... :)

      I've never tried poached pears before! I would love for you to share your gorgeous recipe with me...

      I'll send you through an email... :)

      Have a gorgeous weekend... xx

      Delete
  3. Well, I just laugh when people go to great depths talking about their "ideal" kitchen concentrating on design/colour/appliances etc. My ideal kitchen is a self cleaning one!!! I LOVE a tidy house - mine is often more on the tidy side rather than the clean. I really need to scrub my walls at the moment - Alex has taken to expressing his artistic nature by scribbling on the walls with sometimes non-washable pens!!! I always plan on a cleaning routine at night but when they boys are finally tucked up into bed and that evening calm falls over the house it falls over me as well and I choose a couple of uninterrupted hours of knitting instead!! Oh what I could achieve if the lure of knitting wasn't so strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it's just the two of us, its quite easy to keep things tidy but I am amazed at how dirty the house still gets. Within days of vacuuming our large tiled area in the passage and family room, there are dust bunnies and little bugs lurking. Bathroom floors get fluffy from towel fluff and ha, chest hairs! Its nice to have a tidy kitchen but sometimes we go to bed without doing the dishes, but I always scrape the food off and stack them. Takes 2 minutes in the morning but sometimes I just can't be bothered at night! I work each day so the kitchen is definitely tidy when I head out so that its ready for dinner cooking when I get home.

    I am about to make some more of your muesli slice - it was soooo good!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not real good at the whole 'cleaning' thing either, though I do like a clean and tidy house. Every few days Darron and I work together to get the house in shape again- putting away all those bits and pieces that seem to gather on tables and bench tops and giving the house a clean.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post Jodie. I love a clean home. I'd describe mine as simply tidy now that we have our 2 daughters.
    Uninterrupted evenings, doing what I enjoy, keep me sane and feeling like my own person still!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...