Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wee Little Apron

I've been thinking lately how great it would be if I had some little aprons that I could put on my princess to protect her clothes a bit more now that she is exploring the world on all fours and getting absolutely filthy. So today after work I decided to design my own pattern... I know, I was a bit scared at first too but it was so easy!!!I made it out of the brown/chocolate corduroy that I had left over from the overalls that I made yesterday. I put pink binding around the edges and then decided that it needed embellishing so I added a felt flower applique to the bottom right.


I made it adjustable at the back so that she doesn't grow out of it too quick as she does everything else from the store. Isn't it just sweet how it tappers up at the back? I just love it!!
On another note.... Everyone should really go check out Ric-Rac's blog!! She has made these really funky bangles out of old plastic knitting needles. I'm desperate to give it a go but have to few plastic needles to waste any. I think that I might have to take her advice and check out the local Op Shop for some bargains...

I hope everybody had a fantastic day. Until next time :0)

7 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC work jode.... what a cute little design.... and sooo quick to make the best type of pattern....
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it looks great,should make those clothes last longer!!!
    That flower was a flannel flower and I really want to grow them one day!
    Im sailing to finish a heap of projects and am still unearthing UFOs,including Patch work quilts half made etc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ab,
    Thanks!! I know I just love the ones that give you instant gratification.

    Love JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathie,
    What a bonus!!! Half finished quilts, the best kind, half of the work is already done for you (lol)

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works so well ! I love the flower -it would be great on a handbag too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodie,
    I Love your Blog!!! Thanks for popping by.
    I've also put the flowers on knitted beanies.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...